The Ledge E Group Site
We have reserved a group campsite for the weekend! This campsite will serve two primary purposes:
- The group campsite will act as base camp for our day trips exploring the desert trails, dance parties, and various other adventures.
- For those in the group who will be camping overnight in the desert canyon, this will be your home for our stay!
- Max people: 30
- Max vehicles: 10
- Located on BLM land in Kane Springs Canyon (commonly referred to as Kane Creek)
- Approximately 25 minute drive from the town of Moab
- Fire ring with a grate
- Picnic tables
- Vault toilets
- No running water
- No electric hook-ups
- Approximate GPS coordinates * 38.4810806, -109.6021889
* The Ledge Camping Area is divided into several different sections. We have the “E” group site reserved, which I believe is just beyond the coordinates listed above. Once I obtain a more precise location from the BLM for our specific site, I will update this page accordingly.
Check In / Check Out
Official check in is Thursday, Oct 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM
Official check out is Sunday, Oct 13, 2019 by 11:59 AM
Access to the site is not restricted to 4wd vehicles. This has been confirmed by our friend Maegan who lives in Moab.
That being said, getting to the campsite will be:
- Via gravel & dirt roads
- Down some tight, steep switchbacks
- Over several creek crossings
- Not recommended for vehicles over 22′ or vehicles pulling long trailers
As you approach the Ledge camping area on 145 / Kane Creek / Kane Spring Rd, you’ll go passed the first group of individual campsites, over a (almostly certainly dry) creek crossing and THEN you’ll approach the group sites. We are group site “E”.
Often utilized by groups with motorcycles and ATVs since there is access to 4WD routes directly from the campground
The dirt roads in this area are well known for their challenging routes and incredible views
Nearby attractions include Kane Creek, Hurrah Pass, Hunter Canyon, Amasa Back and Moonflower Canyon